In the cyber age, paper is going out the window and people are looking for new ways to brand themselves and show off their achievements to prospective employers. While paper resumes haven’t been phased out completely, the value that they add to you have decreased and are predicted to be obsolete by the year 2020.
With this in mind, we decided to coin this little post on how to create a digital resume, especially for Java developers, who’re looking forward to prosperous jenkins careers. Marketing yourself is the core to applying for a job. The new ways to do this are growing every day, but the dominant trend is that of digital resumes.
Unlike normal resumes, these are much easier to pass around. You can include graphics in attractive colors so that you may highlight your Jenkins skills and more about you than you can normally put into effect in a paper resume.
There are a number of websites that give you this service. In fact, being a branded online entity has never been easier. And if you follow some basic guidelines your resume can stand out from the crowd and give you the edge over other applicants. Some things to keep in mind are:
- Attach Links to Your Social Media Accounts: Attach links to your social media profiles. This allows your prospective employer to get an idea of your personality and your social interaction quotient and adds credibility to your professional experience and background when they cross reference the dates on each of them.
- Keep It Simple and Uncluttered: Keep your resume clean, clear and concise. Keep enough space for all the things you want to include in your resume. The more easily readable you make your resume, the more likely you are to stand out among your peers – less is always more in this case.
- List Non-Professional Activities As Well: List non-professional activities like charity volunteer work and socially oriented work. Also include relevant achievements in these areas like how many people you helped and what social impact came out of your actions.
- Keep It in Reverse Chronological Order: Keep your resume in reverse order of activity. This way, you can show your most relevant experience first and how you expect your career to grow in the future.
- Pay Attention to Language: Something a lot of people don’t pay attention to is the language of their resumes – they hype up all the things about them and do it with sentences like “I has been” and “I am wanting to”, which is a huge turn-off to anyone who looks at it. Not to mention being a point of public embarrassment. Before you publish your resume, run it through a tool like Grammarly or get a friend to proofread it for you.
When you create your online resume keeping these basic points in mind while looking for jenkins career opportunities, things should go smoothly. It’s always good to keep your resume updated and filled with only your professional work.